Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
I know Ive seen this done before. Someone from the U.S. buys a track from the US itunes store for someone in another country who doesnt have that particular track in their iTunes store.

I need to buy a track out of the US store for someone in the UK. Any help will be appreciated.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I know Ive seen this done before. Someone from the U.S. buys a track from the US itunes store for someone in another country who doesnt have that particular track in their iTunes store.

I need to buy a track out of the US store for someone in the UK. Any help will be appreciated.

You buy a US gift card and send it to them, or you buy something from iTunes Plus and email to them. Anything you download from the regular iTunes store will be DRMed to your iTunes account. Unless you are willing to share those account details with your someone in another country, that person cannot authorise his or her Mac via iTunes to play any of those songs. You can authorise up to 5 machines with one account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.