Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MKnight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Does anyone know where Apple has their beta tester application form?

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
You have to become an Apple Developer Connection member, at the Select level, to gain access to pre-release software. The cost is $499.

MKnight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
So I have to pay them to help them with finding bugs in their software?? Seems strange to me. I thought they would have just had a beta application form for specific products. I don't need to be part of the developer network.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
So I have to pay them to help them with finding bugs in their software?? Seems strange to me. I thought they would have just had a beta application form for specific products. I don't need to be part of the developer network.

For the most part, that's the way it works. If you join at the free level, you can post bug reports on public releases, access developer tools, and download some very select pre-releases.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
wow, i thought theyd pay YOU, or give you free software or something. I wouldnt waste my time, OR money on that. Why pay them $500, and use up your time? psh

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
wow, i thought theyd pay YOU, or give you free software or something. I wouldnt waste my time, OR money on that. Why pay them $500, and use up your time? psh

If you are an application developer then it gives you head-start on new software which could be very financially rewarding, unless you are Adobe!

cohibadad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
If you are an application developer then it gives you head-start on new software which could be very financially rewarding, unless you are Adobe!

also comes with massive hardware discount, Leopard client and server. Great deal for developers. Not so great if you just want to beta test and not buy anything.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
The idea of the ADC is to allow programmers access to beta version of OS X to help develop THEIR programs. Having the beta copies is just a benefit of that. They don't really do outside beta testing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.