Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Guys:

Got the mouse today, the BT set up is complete. I LOVE it. There are two concerns, however. Will get to them later. For now, here is my iMAc "Blanca" with her new friends...

Attachments

• p9260006.jpg
    p9260006.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,789

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
The Mouse Belly

All right: two things.

When the iMac goes to sleep, the BT devices do not wake it from sleep like the wired ones did. I have to reach around and tap the power button to wake it, then when it does, it will display a new graphic "connection lost" but in what feels like 5 seconds it reestablishes the connection.

Also, the mouse tracking is slower in this mouse. I like to zip around the screen and although the settings are the same, the wired Apple mouse seemed to accelerate faster. I'll see how I adjust.

But, all in all I am very happy!

Attachments

• p9260011.jpg
    p9260011.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,645

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
And if You turn off keyboard...

You see this. Once you turn the devices back on, they take about 10 seconds to function again. The optical sensor in the mouse is still top-notch. I can even use it on my leg wearing jeans. Schweet!

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Hey applemacdude

Is your avatar what my girlfriend thinks it is? Two bananas going at it? Anyway, she is very close minded: she hates how much time I spend surfig macrumors as it is! So she got all huffy when she saw this thread when she got on to check her e-mail and the avatar started doing "its; thang." Oh well... but I actually had never paid attention to it until she said "what king of F***** up Mac webaites do you go to? Those bananas are having s*e*x. Blah, she just does not get it. I love the avatar now that she pointed it though... Yummm... new meaning to Banana Cream Pie!

simonh

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2003
Wake from sleep will work with only an internal Apple BT module or with the D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter. In both cases, you need to run the firmware updater software on the CD that comes with the wireless keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.