Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thimk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
I have paired a Sennheiser BW900 with my MBP and all went smoothly. When I go to use Skype I get no audio or mic. I am using 10.5.1 and also have Soundsource installed (with BW900 selected)
When I open bluetooth prefs it says paired but not connected.

Anyone know how to fix this? I Googles to no avail.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Can't say I'm familiar with that headset, but it seems like the device is paired in a mode that the MBP doesn't support. The MBP under OSX certainly is one of the least featured notebooks in terms of the Bluetooth device categories it supports. I'd look into whether the BW900 can be made to appear as default in the most basic headset mode, and try it that way.

oticon6

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
I was having a similar problem with my Logitech Freepulse Wireless headphones. It's definitely a fault of the bluetooth driver.

Once paired, the way I get them to connect is this:
- Turn the headphones on
- The Mac should pop up asking if you want to use this device... you say yes
- While it seems to think it's connected.. give it time. It will eventually stop responding and disconnect. My headphones make a little disconnect sound when this happens.
- Once it disconnects, go to bluetooth in the menu bar, find the headphones and click "Use This Device". It should now work.

Same headphones on my mobile phone and I have no trouble...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.