Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andresico2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
OK, so i've successfully jailbroken a couple 1.1.2 iphones, including mine. I was helping out a friend, did the whole routine, but once i tried to update i realized that I couldn't do it because it would update to 1.1.3.

I panicked, and unplugged it and now its stuck on the recover screen. I decided to try to restore it using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I get an error screen, and cannot continue. i DONT want to restore to 1.1.3, what should i do?!!?:confused::confused:

draperm25

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
Swansea
try getting out of recovery mode like you did with (Windows) ibrickr (Mac)independence. Perhaps thats all you may need to do.

dsgalit

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
OK, so i've successfully jailbroken a couple 1.1.2 iphones, including mine. I was helping out a friend, did the whole routine, but once i tried to update i realized that I couldn't do it because it would update to 1.1.3.

I panicked, and unplugged it and now its stuck on the recover screen. I decided to try to restore it using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I get an error screen, and cannot continue. i DONT want to restore to 1.1.3, what should i do?!!?:confused::confused:
First try downloading the 1.1.2.ipsw restore file then put it somewhere you can find it on your desktop perhaps, next open itunes let it find the phone, then instead of clicking restore, you would press the shift key + restore and manually install the 1.1.2.ipsw file you just downloaded and let itunes do the rest.

mikeyjune

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
try exiting recovery mode?

to exit from recovery mode download a program called iLiberty+ (for mac or windows)

then go to Advanced->Exit Recovery Mode

worked for me... i hope it works for you, too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.