Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I answered a call, hung up, and set it down.

Came back about 5 mins later and touched the home button..... nothing. Held the power button........ nothing.

Tried to make it start up in DFU........ nothing.

Absolutely zero response whatsoever. Solid black screen as if it were off and completely dead. Plugged it into the wall and the home screen popped back up like nothing was wrong. Unplugged it and seems to be as normal. Still has 100% battery power as it has been charged very recently.

This ever happen to anyone?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I don't own an iPhone, but this has happened to my iPod once or twice. Always ended up being fine.

Unless this happens again within the next 3 or 4 months, I wouldn't worry about it.

jbunch

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I just had the same thing happen to me! I was actually at the Mac store, read some emails and put the phone back in my pocket. Got back home a few minutes later and it was completely dead!

Plugged it in to the charger and nothing happened. iTunes and disk utility don't recognize it.

After about 10 minutes hooked up to the computer the screen came back on, but it's locked up and shows what must have been the time when I last used it.

This is really frustrating!

jbunch

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Never mind. I panicked too soon. I searched a little more and found out how to reset it with the "toggle, main, power" thing. It's the first time I've had to do it and I've had it since the phone's came out. I guess that's not bad odds.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
That always happens to me, usually when I get it working it tells me i have to connect to itunes, and I have to re jailbreak. But hasnt happened recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.