Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plucas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Recently my 12 inch PowerBook (1.5ghz, 1.25GB ram, 10.5.2) started completely locking up in some programs. Then yesterday it wouldn't even boot past the initial apple screen. It doesn't even boot to a CD.

I took it into the Apple Store, and they were helpful about telling me how to get data off my harddrive, but that's it. He said a flat rate repair would be around $400. He was guessing it was some logic board issue.

So if I do apple/option/v on startup, the last message is:

/usr/sbin/ocspd[95] starting

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I want to put that much into this old guy :(

xeux

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Recently my 12 inch PowerBook (1.5ghz, 1.25GB ram, 10.5.2) started completely locking up in some programs. Then yesterday it wouldn't even boot past the initial apple screen. It doesn't even boot to a CD.

I took it into the Apple Store, and they were helpful about telling me how to get data off my harddrive, but that's it. He said a flat rate repair would be around $400. He was guessing it was some logic board issue.

So if I do apple/option/v on startup, the last message is:

/usr/sbin/ocspd[95] starting

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think I want to put that much into this old guy :(

Sounds like a logic board issue to me as well. Heat probably got the best of it.....

plucas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
:( He was being used as a desktop replacement for most of his life. Hooked up to a Cinema Display and everything. Poor guy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.