Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keacy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Hi guys,

Iam quite new in Mac, but anyway..
i ve got problem on my Leopard 10.5.2, install Adobe Master collection CS3
because of Java,

there is all the time

------------------------------------------
JAVA SCRIPT ALERT

Critical erros were found in setup
Please see the Setup Log file for details.
----------------------------------------
maybe i need reinstall my Java Runtime Enviroment 1.4.2 to 1.5
but i cannot find it for Leopard...

Anyone else has same a same problem ?????

i would appreciate any help, advice or links..

thanx

KC

juliestarchild

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2008
Help - I have same problem

I'm new to the forum but I have exactly the same problem with the javascript message - it's so frustrating! I've tried everything, it's all up to date, verified etc etc. I was wondering if you have a fix now?
If you have, please help!!!:confused:

keacy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
hi Julie...

yes i fixed it..
i had to reinstall OS /leopard/, i did format disk, and then reinstall, and now works fine...so try it... reinstall of Leopard is quite fast, i was suprised, and any drives, anything just 1,2 discs...

good luck

juliestarchild

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2008
yeah - thanks I fixed it too!

I did a disk utility from the disk and then a restore system on time machine but neither of these worked. however, I did look around a lot and I was able to get further in the install disk but it wouldn't install certain components- Then it twigged with me that I already had a copy of Dreamweaver CS3 (and some other CS3 components) so I uninstalled all the apps from the master collection that I already had and then it installed fine! Thanks for all your help guys.

:):):)

Julie xxx

I have already done all the obvious things such as update java and javascript, disk utility etc I may be a newbie to the forum but have had macs for over ten years.

It turns out it's a clash with another version of Dreamweaver. So all fixed now.

Thanks J@ffa you were spot on!

Java and JavaScript are different things, so Java updates are extremely unlikely to fix JavaScript problems. I second trying the CS3Clean script — have you used demo/beta versions of any Adobe apps or previously had any of the CS3 Production/Design/Web suites?

YOU WERE RIGHT so thanks sooo much :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.