Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2006
i just received my Time Capsule in the mail and attempted to set it up. I am just connecting it to the existing wireless network I have. First boot- flashing amber light meaning it doesn't see my network. I then go through Airport Utility and it connects and all then says it's going to restart Time Capsule. OK. It doesnt restart and just says there was an error. I unplug it and reboot. Now my Macbook doesn't even see Time Capsule in the Airport Utility. PLEASE HELP.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Connect an ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the TC and connect the other end to your MacBook, then rescan for base stations with the AirPort Utility.

Make sure you've installed the software on the CD that came with the Time Capsule, though. Its a new version of the AirPort Utility.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2006
Now every time I restart the Time Capsule it connects and configures the settings but says that there was an error during the restart. Anybody know why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.