Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
If any of you guys know the game Nexuiz, I downloaded the latest version and am playing offline, and it works okay on high settings (not highest). But, when explosions occur, the whole thing gets shaky and framerates go down to 5 FPS. What's up with that? I am using the MBP with the specs below.

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Why are you on Nexuiz. It's like a cheap version of Unreal Tournament, in fact it IS. I mean it's not like I don't enjoy it, it's just, why settle for less?

I think there must be just too many particles for the computer to handle. Thats all I got.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
I know this an old thread and all, but Nexuiz is a fantastic game that's very unique with Minsta and Grappling capabilities different than that of UT. The CTF game modes are awesome.

There's a bug in the game that when you shoot someone the blood and guts go everywhere that ruins your framerate dramatically - to fix this type: cl_gentle 2 in console and problem fixed.

Now MY issue is that the Magic Mouse is EXTREMELY slow in this game. In fact I stumbled across this thread via Google trying to fix this very problem with the mouse.

Found the fix, by disabling Mouse Acceleration in Snow Leopard: http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/02/kill-os-x-mouse-acceleration-from-the-command-line/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.