Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
I am trying to set up a dock application that will run ssh in to a Linux system at work. I've got an AppleScript app that launches a .term file which does the job. However, I cannot figure out what XML to put in the .term file to get it to swap backspace and delete.

I don't want to change the default settings for all Terminals. I just want this one to have the swap (and perhaps other keymappings later, if I am brave enough).

I've found an example .term file which included a key (DeleteKeySendsBackspace) that looks like it would do the job, but it does not work when I try it in my .term file.

I've also tried exporting settings from Terminal and then using the keys it generates, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I am running OS X 10.5.2 with Terminal 2.0.1. I've included what I have in the .term file so far. If this is the wrong forum, can you let me know where I should post the query?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<!-- created by mkterms -->
<dict>
        <key>WindowSettings</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>Shell</key>
                        <string>ssh user@host</string>
                        <key>CustomTitle</key>
                        <string>Title of the window</string>
                        <key>Rows</key>
                        <string>40</string>
                        <key>ShellExitAction</key>
                        <string>0</string>
                        <key>TextColors</key>
                        <string>0.850 0.850 0.850 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.850 0.850 0.850 0.850 0.850 0.850 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.850 0.850 0.850 0.333 0.333 0.333 0.666 0.666 0.666 </string>
                        <key>DeleteKeySendsBackspace</key>
                        <string>YES</string>
                </dict>
        </array>
</dict>
</plist>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.