Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nelsxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I recently got the iPod Touch and downloaded the new version of iTunes, but for some reason when I go to my Movies library and click "Add file" or "Add folder" the movies won't add in.

The files they're saved under are .avi/WMA files and I know the Touch doesn't support that, but shouldn't I be able to convert on iTunes anyway? What do I do?

Thank you for your help.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I recently got the iPod Touch and downloaded the new version of iTunes, but for some reason when I go to my Movies library and click "Add file" or "Add folder" the movies won't add in.

The files they're saved under are .avi/WMA files and I know the Touch doesn't support that, but shouldn't I be able to convert on iTunes anyway? What do I do?

Thank you for your help.

are you on windows or a mac? you need to download perian if you're on a mac.

capemac

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2008
conversion

once you have the movies in itunes, go to the menu at the top to the "Advance" menu. There will be a highlighted "convert for Ipod/Itouch". Simple as that. Hope this helps.

nelsxx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I have Windows.

The thing is, iTunes won't add any video into the library. I'm trying to figure out how to transfer a movie file from my computer to iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.