Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Apple is now advertising for the November 28th Apple Store event on their retail store page.

Someone you know loves music
You’ll want to kick off your holiday shopping at the Apple Store. We’ll be hosting an all-day shopping event designed especially for the music lovers on your list. Whether they’re Mac or Windows users, you’ll find a scintillating array of gifts, plus, a few surprises in store for you.

Local Apple Stores have started advertising the event as well, according to reader submissions.

Our previous report on the event noted iTunes Gift Certificate sales, free iTunes Software CDs and discounts. More specifically, based on reports, Apple will be offering 10% all Music-related items including iPods, Accessories and Software.

odenshaw

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2002
first hit is free!!

well, on second thought, I'll just give you 10% off your first hit. I mean, I gotta eat you know

azdude

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2003
I usually try to avoid malls on "the biggest shopping day of the year," but I may make it to my Chandler Apple Store just to check it out.

Mosco

macrumors regular
May 26, 2002
I need to buy 3 ipods for christmas, this seems like the perfect deal.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Surprises in store?

Damn, I wish Canada had Apple stores... Sounds like it will be quite the event! I wonder what other surprises Jobs has up his sleeve that will be announced. So soon after iPod updates I can't imagine anything too major, but I guess you never know. I'm still estimating an April/May timeframe for some major updates, whether it be smaller size, larger HD, color screen, who knows. Whatever it will be, the 4G iPods will be sweet! Damn, I hate playing the waiting game though.... ;)

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Probably the 3rd product that no one knows what it is. And since it has to do with music?

But I could see them annouce the Canadian Music Store since Canada has been very eager to get online with Apple...which all and all would help boost Canadian iPod sales.

I don't think the European Store will open until the 2nd qtr of next yr.

Hey does anyone know if an Apple Store is being built in or around London? I've heard alot folks talking about it.

I know there is suppose to be like 4 more Apple stores opening up in US in 1st qtr of next yr.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Re: Nov 28th In Store Event- iTunes INTERNATIONAL???

Originally posted by mahermusic
There are rumors that the in-store event on the 28th will be, among other things, introduction of iTunes Music Store International.

Maybe, and maybe not... BUT.......

Outside the Menlo Park (NJ) Apple Store, they have the usual little cardboard sign on a tripod announcing the "all day" event, above a picture of a silhouetted person holding an iPod (you know the one).

In the bottom right hand corner of the sign... it says

"Cheers"

Hmm sounds promising.

I wonder if this could mean Euro Store is Ready to go online now?? if so Jobs just screwed everyone just getting into the online music saling music.

Or could it be just wink of Apple Stores to appear in the UK??
I know they are next to get one on the list behind Japan which opens it's store on the 30th. Freakin 5 floor Apple Store...makes me want to goto Japan.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
I'll say now if they comeout with a video iPod which to me could run $749 bucks I'll buy one. The Sony video player just came out in Japan for like $750 bucks...so to me this could be the 3rd mystery product.

Oh and Job's will probably say and now we are opening a NetFlick's type download section to the Music Store called iVideo or something like that. Now download your movies to your iPod or computer legally!!
We expect to go internationally with it as soon as the International Music Store opens!! Which happens to be the next annoucement!

Now if that happens I can believe Apple will have 90% of the online buying market with international support which no-one else as of yet has cracked.

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
Tucson, AZ store

I know there is suppose to be like 4 more Apple stores opening up in US in 1st qtr of next yr. [/B][/QUOTE]

Tucson, AZ store in Dec. for sure.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
hmmm, don't I feel like an idiot for buying an iPod last night online. Well, not really, since I'm hours away from any apple store and wouldn't travel there. Unless they come out with a new iPod. Then, I will feel like a huge, HUGE idiot.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Re: Tucson, AZ store

Originally posted by hulugu
I know there is suppose to be like 4 more Apple stores opening up in US in 1st qtr of next yr.

Tucson, AZ store in Dec. for sure.

Yeah when I was stationed in AZ I always wanted to visit the Apple Store but it was like an all day damn drive to just get there..so it's just my luck they build one in Tuscan just as I left!

They are suppose to build one in Mobile, AL here...which is like 6hrs away but atleast it's closer then other stores. It hasn't been built but it was listed as a store going into new mall thats opening up sometime in the first qtr of next yr.

arnette

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2002
Manhattan Beach
10% off an iPod is nothing to get excited about. Amazon sells them 10% off (at least) all the time with free shipping and no tax.

I'm a little disenchanted with iPod's standings against iRiver, Dell, and some of the other HD players. Here's hoping they REALLY lower the price or maybe even up the built-in features soon.

Yeah, I know it won't happen.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Whattcha talkin' about Willis??

I have friends that work in both CompUSA and BestBusy and they said the damn things are flying off the shelves.
CompUSA is having problems now keeping them in stock here and thats the same for BB's.

My friend at CompUSA said they sold 100 iPods last week and only sold like 3 Dell's.
My BB's friend doesn't know how many store sold all week but he sold 30 just by himself. He said parents just come in on lunch breaks and ask where is your cheapest iPod and he gives the 10GB and they ask do I need batteries or anything else and he says you might need the dock and insurance and they usually always buy those too.

The iPod's are flying off the shelves so it be stupid to drop the price now. I know of about 15 folks that just went out and bought 10-20-30-40GB iPod's and they are all Windows folks except for one.

BB is doing open box deals because when they sold out here they sold the demo's at discount of $50 bucks off the overall new price.

The iPod or MP3 player is the #2 item on every kids list according to recent surveys and #1 is PS2,Cube, and Xbox.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Originally posted by arnette

I'm a little disenchanted with iPod's standings against iRiver, Dell, and some of the other HD players. Here's hoping they REALLY lower the price or maybe even up the built-in features soon.

i dont mind the few extra bucks for a player that doesnt look like what my dog leaves out in the front yard...

that being said... apple is going to drop the prices substantially to compete during the christmas season with everyone else who has an mp3 player.

and it would be nice to get some new, not-so-crappy earbuds.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Originally posted by gwuMACaddict
and it would be nice to get some new, not-so-crappy earbuds.
I hope by "not-so-crappy" you don't mean "audiophile-quality". Those things can be more than twice the price of an iPod! :eek: I hope there are some price drops though, that would make my prospects of getting an iPod a bit better :)

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Just get a refurb from Apple or smalldog.com if you can't afford a new one.

If Apple doesn't annouce a price decrease by the end of the month it's not going to happen and with the way they are selling I doubt Apple will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.