Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheNorthWaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
USA
This is simple and frustrating. I hope 6 hours of work didn't go down the tube...

It's just as the title describes. I sorted through a bunch of photos in various folders, using either the thumbnail view in finder or the preview program with the sidebar. I used "cloverleaf+delete" to delete the photos I didn't want, and I emptied the trash afterward. On the mac it appeared that deletion was successful.

I transfer my photos to the thinkpad so I can do more photo-sorting on-the-go, and voila, a large number of photos that I had deleted are suddenly back! This really shakes my faith in OSX, even though I love it. Can I successfully delete things in OSX with 100% reliability? This is almost like a joke... (or I am uninformed).

Thanks everyone,

bentoms

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
  1. Do these files look like "normal" files when booted from the PC Partition or are they lighter?
  2. Where these photos in an application like iPhoto or just you desktop?

TheNorthWaves

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
USA
1) they look normal and open like normal photos would on any computer

2)I opened photos both in preview and in finder, and used cloverleaf+delete to delete photos in both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.