Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
How do I uninstall Firefox, the actual application and all the stupid lil files that usually get left behind, cache, history, cookies...

I want to go fresh to Safari!

is there an app. that does this?

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Try appcleaner, it will do more than just dragging to the trash, it will search for preference files as well.

Its a free version of appzapper.

Wheelie4

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2007
NC, USA
Below are all files/folders associated with Firefox. Be aware that deleting these files/folders removes all profiles, preference settings and extensions.

/Applications/Firefox.app (the application)
/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist (the preferences)
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Firefox (your profiles folder)
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Mozilla (extensions info)

I bought and have used Appzapper when I first switched to Mac. I've used AppCleaner and AppDelete. I have Hazel which monitors the trash for deleted apps and warns of associated files to delete with the app and sometimes they find everything but neither of them find everything everytime. I found an app called Easyfind that I prefer to use to find apps and their associated files/folder to remove. Even better than Leopards spotlight search window. I really miss Tigers spotlight search window, it even searched library and system folders automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.