Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kithands

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Beware 10.5.3 is corrupting files saved over a network. Adobe says it never supported saving over a network. Checkout Adobe forum. Have spent a whole day trying to figure why files being corrupted after update to 10.5.3 Arrrgh!!!!

Originally posted in Mac OS X

DigitalDisasta

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2008
Saving over a network like that isn't really good practice. That's why they developed Version Cue. It does all the network BS for you and just let's you work. I'm really surprised to see so many people affected by this. I never would of thought that people would work right of a network drive like that.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Saving over a network like that isn't really good practice. That's why they developed Version Cue. It does all the network BS for you and just let's you work. I'm really surprised to see so many people affected by this. I never would of thought that people would work right of a network drive like that.

Yep - agreed. It's always been prone to difficulties and has just gotten more so. As systems admin at my place of work (as well as being a designer), that's always the first thing I tell new users not to do. VersionCue is the way around the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.