Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lookez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Hi everyone,

I just bought a MacBook and now I'm just using Mac OS. Now i have a little problem: Burning videos with subtitles.

I was using ConvertXtoDVD but i didn't found any similar program for Mac OS, that burns almost any video to DVD and automatically adds subtitles.

I really don't wanna have to install XP via Boot Camp or VM Fusion.

Any ideas? Thanks!

lookez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
you can copy a DVD without encryption with Toast using the Video TS setting but if it has encryption use MacTheRipper before Toast.

No, i don't want that. I wanna Burn .avi videos, .mpeg, .mov videos with subtitles to DVDs. I use HandBrake to backup DVDs.

I just found FFMPEGX that does what i want, but it's kinda more complicated than ConvertXtoDVD.

No one can help me? =(

lookez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I bought a copy of VMWare Fusion and one copy of Windows XP Home edition and now i'm using convertxtodvd with no problems :D

123walter

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2008
Petersburg VA
Avi subtitles merge

To the original poster..you had the best already. That convertx2dvd program is awesome. I have used it with Linux/wine, and I think it may wrk with codeserver-mac. havent tried though. Toast does some things OK, but it seems like a program that is "scared" to be a great program. The only problem I have had with convertx is that some wont play on my MBPro. They wont load. Its funny I can copy the videots files to an external HD..and they play. My superdrive is OK usually. But Im gonna try this suggestion on the ffmpeg thing. Not crazy about installing all that mplayer junk though. It never works that good for me. VLC also. They promise a lot but deliver half.(in my opinon) I prefer isquint,quicktime, and yer basic itunes for most things. Linux (ubuntu) has a lotta intersting stuff..universal formats that may be portable. Havent tried.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.