Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I have a Rev A Macbook from 2006. The battery has just gone to crap on this (iStat says 23% health, 199 cycles). The battery doesn't even make it an hour anymore under regular usage. How does the battery replacement work with Applecare? Do I have to send in the battery? Or should I just go to the Apple Store? I usually don't have time in the day to go in...

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I tried that but it didn't work... I called Apple and they told me that the battery isn't covered by my 3 year Applecare warranty. :rolleyes: So looks like I'm SOL. Great :(

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
Read the fine print on the link:

Identifying an affected battery

Affected batteries will have one or more of the following symptoms:
* Battery is not recognized causing an “X” to appear in the battery icon in the Finder menu bar.
* Battery will not charge when computer is plugged into AC power.
* Battery exhibits low charge capacity/runtime when using a fully charged battery with a battery cycle count (as shown in System Profiler) of less than 300.
* Battery pack is visibly deformed.

Even though they were correct in telling you that your battery is not covered by your extended applecare, call them back and explain politely that you have 199 cycles and 20% health, or take it to your apple store. They will provide you with a replacement battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.