Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
hello,

I obtained a powerbook G4 12" model yesterday and it has a charging problem. basically it looks like the power connector on the powerbook is a bit loose and when I connect the power cord I have to push it down a bit to get charging going.

is this something that can be fixed cheaply?

I have very bad expierence taking these things apart. Last time I tried swapping hard drive in ibook, I ended up with 5 extra screws after i was done, but I did manage to swap the drive out :)

if anybody in NYC area can do the fix, pm me. I'll pay for the job

Thanks

Alex

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
bumping an old thread, but i'm having a similar problem, powerbook wont charge either. I've tried resetting the PMU, but still nothing. can anyone help?

its a 12" 867MHz model

kalex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I ended up paying $180 for a DC in board replacement. There was no other way of fixing it for me.

rolex54

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2007
Houston, TX
the dc in board is most likely your problem
you can find them on ebay for pretty cheap, ifixit sells them for like $60 though, it is a fairly simple swap

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I ended up paying $180 for a DC in board replacement. There was no other way of fixing it for me.

Did you do this repair yourself or did you have it repaired by a Apple certified technician?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.