Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Things "appears" to be working, except the calendar. I created an event on my iPhone, it appears on my http://www.me.com/calendar/, but it doesn't appear on my Mac. I even synced it and it doesn't show up. Any thoughts why??

Thanks.

Frank

porterjr

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
I am having the same result. everything seems to be working fine but iCal pushing.

My guess is it has something to do with the MobileMe Updater that we are not getting. Maybe that will make some changes to the Mail.app to allow this option?

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2006
I can't even get .Mac to accept my password... I just get password error when trying to hit the sync tab in system preferences, yet when I enter my MobileMe info in the Account tab of .Mac it says password accepted.

-Chris

JBmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Eastern, PA
Sync set to automatic in prefs? Also subscribed calendars?

Do you have syncing set for the calendar automatically in the mobile me preferences/sync on all the computers you are using? I set all my devices that way now. I used to use manuel. I have made a test calendar on Mobile me, and then synced back down to my Powermac from mobile me calendar ok, and mail.
Also, subscribed calendars do not sync up to mobile me. Anyone else notice? I sent them an email about that, I am, and will be dissapointed if my 7 subscribed calendars on the Chandler Hub don't sync up with mobile me.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>Do you have syncing set for the calendar automatically in the mobile me preferences/sync on all the computers you are using? <<

I was thinking about that. I thought that once you set up the sync and ran it, everything worked over the web automatically, not based on how you set up the sync?? I thought that was a one time thing to do at the start????

I guess that's wrong???

Frank

JBmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Eastern, PA
>>Do you have syncing set for the calendar automatically in the mobile me preferences/sync on all the computers you are using? <<

I was thinking about that. I thought that once you set up the sync and ran it, everything worked over the web automatically, not based on how you set up the sync?? I thought that was a one time thing to do at the start????

I guess that's wrong???

Frank

Let me know if that corrects the problem? Thanks!

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>mobile me preferences/sync<<

I'm assuming you are talking about the preferences for mobile me in my System Preferences on my Mac. First of all I don't have a Mobile Me icon. I have a .mac icon and it has all the old choices from a .mac

And syncing under auto didn't do anything to my Mac Calendar.

Frank

thrice

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
push calendar is not working for me either...i did go into mobileme in references on my Macbook, and set it to automatic, but that didn't seem to do it.

Also I got an error on Molbileme when I tried to set up a recurring event in the calendar online. Looks like there are still some bugs.

wlh99

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2008
After some fighting I got calendars to sync. This is what I did.

In iCal Preferences->General->MobileMe-Sync.
Sync Manually
Only Check Calendar
Then Click Advanced
Highlight your computer and click reset sync data
Make sure it says "On this computer replace with MobileMe."
Click Ok
Click Sync now
Close iCal and reopen
Your calender should now be synced
Go back to preferences and change to automatic and whatever you want.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>In iCal Preferences->General->MobileMe-Sync.<<

I don't have anything on my Mac that says Mobile Me. Everything is .mac. Does that make a difference.

Sync Manually
Only Check Calendar

Are you in System Preferences doing this?????

Frank

wlh99

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2008
>>In iCal Preferences->General->MobileMe-Sync.<<

I don't have anything on my Mac that says Mobile Me. Everything is .mac. Does that make a difference.

Sync Manually
Only Check Calendar

Are you in System Preferences doing this?????

Frank

It should still be fine (I think) if it says .mac instead of mobile me. In system preferences or iCal preferences, it's the same dialog.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>Click Sync now
Close iCal and reopen
Your calender should now be synced<<

Before I did the above, I created a new event on the iPhone and a different one on calendar.

My new Calendar event went from Calendar to iPhone, but the one I created on iPhone did not go from iPhone to Calendar.

Frank

xinevil

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
I think I have found a bug in iCal. Could someone try the following two scenarios:

====
Scenario 1:
1: Make sure iCal isn't started. If it is, quit it
2: Start iCal
3: Close the iCal window (don't shut iCal down!)
4: Open the iCal window again by clicking on the dock icon
5: Go to me.com/calendar and add an event
6: Wait untill MobileMe pushes it to your Mac
7: See if it appears in iCal
====

====
Scenario 2:
1: Make sure iCal isn't started. If it is, quit it
2: Start iCal
3: LEAVE THE ICAL WINDOW OPEN!
4: Go to me.com/calendar and add an event
5: Wait untill MobileMe pushes it to your Mac
6: See if it appears in iCal
====

With me, it doesn't appear in iCal in scenario 1, but it does in scenario 2. You guys got the same result?

(in scenario 1 it only appears after completely quiting iCal and starting it again)

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
>>With me, it doesn't appear in iCal in scenario 1, but it does in scenario 2. You guys got the same result?<<

Neither scenario worked for me, but I noticed that I just received a note about a software update: Here's the description::::

The Mac OS X Update For MobileMe (1.1) is recommended for users running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 and includes general system fixes that enhance your Mac for MobileMe.

I'll install the update and see what shakes out.

Frank

xinevil

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
>>With me, it doesn't appear in iCal in scenario 1, but it does in scenario 2. You guys got the same result?<<

Neither scenario worked for me, but I noticed that I just received a note about a software update: Here's the description::::

The Mac OS X Update For MobileMe (1.1) is recommended for users running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 and includes general system fixes that enhance your Mac for MobileMe.

I'll install the update and see what shakes out.

Frank
Did it appear when you quit iCal afterwards and start it again? If not, it wasn't pushed correctly.
I already got the 1.1 update btw

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Wow this is very frustrating. This is SO UNMAC!!

Now my mobile me calendar won't load at all.

Previously if I entered an event on mobile me calendar, it would push to my Mac and iPhone.

An event that I created on my Mac went to Mobile me and my iPhone, but not all of them.

If I created an event on iPhone it would go to Mobile me, but not my Mac.

I do have Mobile Me now on my System Preferences instead of .mac.

Frank

sgtlmj

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2003
Mine is sort of working. It's just really slow. Added an event on my MacBook and it took about 10 min to "push" to my iPod. Not so much as a push as a slow ooze.

At least it's starting to work. Hopefully it'll get faster, and hopefully they'll release .Me updates for the older OS's. I have Tiger on an old PowerBook G4 and there are no updates for it yet.

I was just surprised to wake up this morning, type in http://www.mac.com and not get the "maintenance" message that we've been getting for a couple days.

AliensExist4

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
wlh99: I was also having problems with my iCal calender on my MAC not pushing to MobileMe and tried what you suggested which worked. Thanks for the info/help.

I am still having problems as well as you guys are with pushing and having my MAC, iPhone, and MobileMe all synching. It seems like one thing will sync and another won't, so I'm guessing Apple will get this fixed asap. (Let's hope...)

- Patrick

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I couldn't get anything to work yesterday, but it's all working this morning.

Not sure why, but who cares at this point. It just works.

Thanks for everyones help.

Frank

John A

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2007
If I add something to ical, it shows up in me.com/calendar, but it never makes it to my iphone. Ever.

tschoftner

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2007
Austria
error message when syncing ical

Whenever I try to sync ical from MM I always get the message that the data is inconsistent on my mac.
I've tried everything, even the thing in the advanced tab where you can sync from MM to your computer and replace all calendar files on your computer with the data from MM but then I always get the error message "... can't sync calender because the data is inconsistent?"
Any help would be appreciated, or should I wait another couple of days??
Thomas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.