Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCMaverick

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
i've searched but haven't be able to find anything...so just wondering if it's possible. is there a simple way to just drag and drop from the iphone to the desktop on the mac like there is on windows? my brother has a windows desktop and it pops up with something like "browse pictures". anyway to do it other than going thru iphoto, aperture, lightroom??

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
"Image Capture" in your applications folder on OSX. Click the "download some" button.

You'll probably want to go into the preferences (of Image Capture) and turn off the preference that launches iPhoto every time a camera is connected.

SCMaverick

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
"Image Capture" in your applications folder on OSX. Click the "download some" button.

You'll probably want to go into the preferences (of Image Capture) and turn off the preference that launches iPhoto every time a camera is connected.

great. thanks. exactly what i was looking for. i knew there had to be an easy way to do.

rkile

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
iPhone photos to desktop

Thanks much for posting that! I have never launched Image Capture, or even knew it existed. I was able to pull a bunch of shots from my iPhone without emailing every last one like I usually do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.