Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I am running under Windows and wondering where the Itunes backup data is kept. I searched but do not see it anywhere. Anyone know?

AzazelCoH

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2008
seems to be , for me anyway on vista, C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

you will have to make sure that you have "show hidden files and folders" on.

each of my folders has around 7600 files lol, nice way to backup eh :p

Mobile923

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
how would one be able to relocate this folder in iTunes?

I want to back up to my D: instead of my C:....

Also, how big does a full backup get?

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
how would one be able to relocate this folder in iTunes?

I want to back up to my D: instead of my C:....

Also, how big does a full backup get?

I found that my backup is around 650MB or so, it seems like it backs up all the contact data, apps, sms, pictures, and settings but not Ipod media.

One thing I did notice though, maybe others may have known or not known, is that when you restore your phone you can choose to select the backup you want. I have seen people say that when they hit the x it corrupts the backup, just choose the last full backup (usually the one with the date) and you will be ok. It doesn't seem to put a date on ones that aren't complete. At least this seems to hold true on PCs not sure about Macs.

The Sand People

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2008
where is the backup kept on leopard?

also, what exactly is backed up? Specifically, I'm wondering if I can look at previous SMS conversations.

meganfox92

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2010
Help

:confused:I have an acer laptop. it was recently hit by a virus. iTunes always said 'backing up iTunes' when i connected my iPhone. Will i be able to retrieve my old library? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.