Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doihaveto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Completely new to iTunes here and am currently adding cd's and random mp3's I have to iTunes. Theres a folder on my old mp3 player full of random songs from various artists that I was hoping could just be represented by a single album in coverflow i.e.various tracks

But when I go to add the folder to iTunes, it's splitting every single song up individually, so instead of one album in coverflow with my various tracks I'd have every single song I'd have to scroll through in coverflow. Is there anyway I can stop this from happening and just put them all into one folder?

avv4293

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2008
Maybe you can select all those songs, and give them the same album name so that they all appear to belong to a single album...it might work...:)

doihaveto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Maybe you can select all those songs, and give them the same album name so that they all appear to belong to a single album...it might work...:)

Yeh I have tried that with no luck. I also tried going to the 'get info' and then checking the part of compilation button. After that only 4 songs stayed together lol, the rest are still all singled out...Maybe I'll just have to live with it

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Yeh I have tried that with no luck. I also tried going to the 'get info' and then checking the part of compilation button. After that only 4 songs stayed together lol, the rest are still all singled out...Maybe I'll just have to live with it

I had the same problem, what you have to do is modify the track numbers. First, see how many tracks there are in the 'compilation', then select them all and press Get Info. There's two boxes under "Track number"; select the SECOND one and type in the number of tracks (also put in 1 of 1 for Disc Number). Press ok, then select ONLY the first track and press Get Info again. This time, select the FIRST track number box, and type in '1', press next and type '2', then '3' for the next track and so on until you get to the end of the compilation. It should then group them all together because they're all marked as being on the same disc and in a specific order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.