Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xahid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Im sure a lot of people are experiencing the same problem,
I am running OS X Leopard.
and i just noticed that i have TWO Libraries?? is that normal??
It has a Library under the MacHD icon and also under the Home folder, and i noticed that they both are NOT identical, they have different folders.

NOW which one am i supposed to delete? how is this going to affect my system? I really want to consult this with you all before i make a wrong or right move.
please help me!!
I only have like 3 gigs of space left on my HD :( and i dont know where else all my space could have gone

Xahid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I have tried several apps

I have tried Disk inventory X, AppZapper, CleanApp, and OnyX and also dragging various apps to the trash but somthing is still not right, i have an external HD aswell now but still i dont know where some of my space went on my internal HD

neonblue2

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2006
Port Pirie, South Australia
Well if it's not anything you're keeping in your personal folder then it might be virtual memory and a sleep image (laptops only). The longer your computer is on, the more virtual memory (using hard drive as RAM) you're likely to use. Sleep images are used by laptops to ensure that if the computer loses power while in sleep mode, it can wake up back where you were. The sleep image will always be the size of your RAM.

doubleohseven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I recommend installing WhatSize on your Mac. It will determine what exactly is on your hard drive, how much space each file is taking on your hard drive, and it can help clean up your hard drive too so that more space is available.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
and i dont know where else all my space could have gone
Not knowing where it's gone isn't going to bring it back. One way or another you've used it or your system has in order to function.

What size is your drive? How much are you using? How big is your iTunes library etc?

As others have said, do not delete either of those Libraries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.