Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
I'm stuck in music and can't get back to main menu. I've turned it off and when it comes back on, it's still in music. Do I need to.....reset? anyone seen this happen. I've only had this baby for 3 days. thnx

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
I'm stuck in music and can't get back to main menu. I've turned it off and when it comes back on, it's still in music. Do I need to.....reset? anyone seen this happen. I've only had this baby for 3 days. thnx

I doubt it's this simple, but did you try pressing the home button? It's the round button located on the device right below the screen. That button will bring you back to the home screen regardless of where you are on your iPod.

(I'm sure many of you think I'm crazy for suggesting this, but he made no mention of pressing this button, and he's only had it for 3 days, so he very well could have not known what that button does.)

claro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
yes!

thanks for the help. I had pressed home button, which should have gotten me there (it didn't) but holding the 2 together until the apple showed up cleared it up. I appreciate your responses!

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
thanks for the help. I had pressed home button, which should have gotten me there (it didn't) but holding the 2 together until the apple showed up cleared it up. I appreciate your responses!

Lol I figured, just thought I'd check. Whenever I show my Touch to someone who has never used it before, they can never figure out on their own that that one button will take them back to the home screen :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.