Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkiss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I recently got a new MacBook(my first) and i need help with itunes.
1. When I first connected my iPod (it was in Windows format), it only uploaded the songs i had directly purchased from iTunes. How can I get it to upload all of my songs?
2. There are a few songs on my old computer that are WMA format, what is the best way to convert them? What format do they have to be?

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
2. There are a few songs on my old computer that are WMA format, what is the best way to convert them? What format do they have to be?

I dont know about the first question, but the 2nd first, see the bitrate of the WMA songs, by example 192kbps, later go to itunes and on import settings put mp3 with 192kbps, later just add the WMA songs to itunes, itunes say "you want convert this songs" (or something like that)... put ok or yes... so itunes convert your wma songs to mp3 with 192kbps...

I hope that help

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I'm not sure what you're asking in the first question but if you're asking how to transfer songs from your iPod to your MacBook, you want to try Senuti.

Senuti

tkiss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
its not working. I have the song on my flash drive. When i go to 'Add to library' and select the song, nothing happens.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Are you copying to iTunes Music Folder? Located in Advance Settings under your preferences.
This is how I have mine set up. Imports songs to my iTunes music folder.
itunes.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.