Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rugox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Hi,

I don't know what has happened but after an occasion of updating my ipod touch, some applications logo in the ipod touch became greyed out and says "waiting.." in the title. It can't be tapped, deleted, or ran in the ipod touch and doesn't have anything related in the itunes as well. As you can see in the photo its just a block of grey now but it used to have the greyed out logo of the app before. When I as an experiment deleted the associated app, it became a greyout block. Does anyone else haev this problem?

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Have you tried restarting it? Hold down the top button. Just from the greyed-out icons, it looks like you tried installing some apps and then your Wi-Fi disconnected.

pwn247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
West Virginia, USA
That happens to me when my iPod disconnects from the WiFi, or I'm getting very, very slow wireless from where I'm at. Connecting to your computer (thus into iTunes) will usually solve this- or you could always just sit outside of a McDonalds and steal their WiFi. (lol)

rugox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Stole neighbor's wireless to connect and they disappeared. thanks for the fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.