Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j37V

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
at first i thought i was just seeing :eek:wrong... i use glasses so i though it was them. after cleaning them i noticed that some parts of the screen look ok and others look blurry and big-like:eek:. the top left corner looks fine... the center of the screen, from the top to the dock, looks fine too.

i read somwhere that if you have another account on the computer you should check it to see if the same happens... but its not. i checked it and it was perfect!. like Mac OSX should be. i dont know whats wrong! can someone help me?!? :eek:

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
try calibrate your screen colors or other stuff via system pref.>display

but i might not be a display issue. take it into the apple genius bar and im sure they will help you fix you your problem

j37V

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
i cant! it sucks cuz i live in Puerto Rico and there's no apple stores or anything here... just Best Buy and they'll just tell me to send it with them to get repaired. and i aint gonna pay double what apple would want me to pay.

and yeah i tried the display idea in system pref. and nothing worked...

this sucks!! any other ideas?

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
  1. Did you phone AppleCare?
  2. How old is the MacBook?
  3. Was it ever working properly?
  4. Does the blurriness show up on a screen capture (shift-cmd-3)?
  5. If is apparent on a screen capture, can you post it here?
  6. Did "someone" drop the MacBook?

Finally, did you notice blurriness only after a night of heavy drinking? ;)

j37V

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
havnt done any calls or anything... wanna see if i can find the answer here first. i just found out...
the mac is... a year and a half old... bought April or May 2007.
i workt perfectly till an hour ago when i turned it on today.
i wouldnt know if it showed up on a screen capture because the parts of the screen that look fine you cant see any windows in... like the dock... the top left corner and the top right corner...
not that i recall... i havnt taken it off my desk in bout 2 weeks. worked fine till now.

and NO!! i drank like 2 days ago but the blurriness i saw today... i guess i have retarded drinking syndrome... LOL

j37V

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
AHHHH god!! this is confusing... i dont know what happened but its back to normal now... i was changing a setting in system pref. for exposé and suddenly the screen flashed really fast and its alright now... ima reboot. and see if its gone for good... or if it comes back.

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
you probably zoomed in a bit, I did that on mine before.

by default, Control+mouse scroll wheel zooms in and out. There should also be keyboard controls, but I don't know them.

b1ndaboy

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2008
i.shaun u are a legend
i thought my screen had screwed up and was on my way 2 call apple/look for guarantees etcetc
thanks

j37V

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
yeah the zooming out worked... for some reason when i log in sometimes it gets to a fraction of the first level of zoom and stays there...
i dont know why it doesnt stay there when i do the zoom manually(with the trackpad) but
just zooming out works perfectly
thanks for the tip i.shaun

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.