Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
used movie2iTunes to import and it just grabs a screenshot for the artwork and I can't change it. Any ideas?

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
My guess is that it won't let you change the artwork because iTunes really only works with mp4s. All Movie2iTunes does is put an alias in iTunes that points to the original avi file. If you want to change the artwork, you'll probably have to convert it to an mp4. Just a guess though.

CultHero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
My guess is that it won't let you change the artwork because iTunes really only works with mp4s. All Movie2iTunes does is put an alias in iTunes that points to the original avi file. If you want to change the artwork, you'll probably have to convert it to an mp4. Just a guess though.

Yea, that is what it does. I think I have discovered that it won't let me add artwork. How would I convert it to an mp4?

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
There are several programs that you can use: MPEG Streamclip, Visual Hub (if you an still find a copy around), Quicktime Pro, and the latest snapshot of Handbrake should all work.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
VisualHub has been released open source and is now called FilmRedux.

.avi's can't store different artwork because the container doesn't support that metadata, I believe. So yea, convert it and prosper.

reinisb

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
Solved Issue!

I spent 2 days to read book about applescript and came up with my first applet!

It does exactly the thing you need! It is similar to movie2itunes, in addition YOU CAN ADD ARTWORK to the imported file! + It asks you to type in the SHow name and season number, as well as it automatically tags the movie as TV Show (not Movie)!!

http://code.google.com/p/tvshowtoitunes/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.