Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakeopolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
hey all,

here's my setup: i've got a firepod (audio interface) hooked up via firewire to my macbook, recording in logic. is there a way to have the firepod set as my input, but my macbook's headphone jack as the output? i want to listen through my speakers as i record.

thewright1

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
hey all,

here's my setup: i've got a firepod (audio interface) hooked up via firewire to my macbook, recording in logic. is there a way to have the firepod set as my input, but my macbook's headphone jack as the output? i want to listen through my speakers as i record.

I don't think there is a way to do that. With Logic audio settings, you set your audio device, and that's what Logic uses for the ins and outs. I have a reasonably nice speaker system that has little desktop remote with aux input, so I just plug an aux chord from my headphone jack of my audio device, to the aux input for play back, then when I want to use just the headphones, I just stick my headphones into my audio device.

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
Set the Bus output to Output 1-2 (assuming that's routed to the Macbook) and set the input to the 1-2 (Assuming that's the firepod)

I don't know if that's right, but I'd presume that'd work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.