Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

153741-black7_500.jpg

Incase Power Slider ($99)

iPhone Alley has organized a nice holiday gift guide for the iPhone. Amongst the products that caught our eye was the Incase Power Slider ($99) (pictured above) which offers a protective case and extended battery back in one.

The guide also covers the usual mix of regular cases, speakers, headsets and car accessories.

Article Link: iPhone Holiday 2008 Gift Guide from iPhone Alley

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
"Amongst the products that we were paid to highlight was the Incase Power Slider ($99) which offers a protective case and extended battery back in one."

kendogolf

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It needs a built in flash. It would be nice accessorie for $99.

MichaelJohnston

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
San Luis Obispo
seems really biased towards incase, not even mentioning one case from Griffin...

It seems biased towards Incase because I really liked the products I mentioned. I have a ton of stuff from Griffin in the lab and nothing impressed me enough to make the list. The Clarifi looks promising but I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

Sempre.moderato

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2008
Hi everyone

Question to those of you who have an iphone: if you didn't have one at this moment, would you buy one or wait till, idk, June for the next generation iphone?

hotdogjapan

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2008
I'd buy one!!!!!

for sure.... Yes there will be things better like a flash and maybe video... but wait till june... no... I can't get off this thing..... Its like a 3rd arm..... :D Ill buy the next one when it come also....

chamisi

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2008
my iphone has been thru some abuse (knock on wood) and keeps going my mother (rip 11-5) even poured water on it a couple of months ago no problems

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
It looks a great product. At $99 it's not your usual disposable case though. You'd buy it because it's a nice sleek fit and then Apple would very slightly alter the shape of the new phone and it'd be redundant.

Okay if you get it with a new phone and get 18 months/two years of good use out of it.

Sysbase

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2008
iPhone Alley Case

It looks a great product. At $99 it's not your usual disposable case though. You'd buy it because it's a nice sleek fit and then Apple would very slightly alter the shape of the new phone and it'd be redundant.

Okay if you get it with a new phone and get 18 months/two years of good use out of it.

Looks a little heavy no?
001_unsure.gif

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
I think they've done a pretty good job of keeping it sleek looking but that and the phone together would be a bit heavy I think.

MrD1sturbed

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
Seriously happy i found this thread/link as it lead me to the Scosche passPORT which is something I have been dying for since I got my 3G. Now I can finally charge it in my Infiniti G35, something that the pin change on the 3G prohibited with the iPod cable in the car.:D

Macisgr8

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
I have the case and in all fairness I tried the kenginton battery. The incase is nice because it is hard shell with silicone around it so it can take a few falls *I dropped mine accadently out of a 2 story roof no scratch* and still be smooth. Its not cheap but its designed to like apple work. I personally love it and would highly recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.