Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dadudeness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
de
I've been using my iPhone 3g for several weeks and it was connected to a bunch of w-lans. How can I delete a Network from the internal "known"-list or set prirorities and stuff like that?

At Engadget's I found a screenshot of the menu, but where to find it?

iphone-firmware-2-0-hands-on-11.jpg

Robby9279

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
Not sure if this is what you mean but..
Settings > WiFi > Look at choose network and next to the network you want to forget hit the blue arrow > tap "forget this network" on the top.

dadudeness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
de
Not sure if this is what you mean but..
Settings > WiFi > Look at choose network and next to the network you want to forget hit the blue arrow > tap "forget this network" on the top.

Yes and no. I'm searching for a menu where I can see the networks my iPhone knows and where I can delete those or edit encryption settings.

I know that the menu shown in the screenshot is nowhere to find in the current firmware, but there has to be a way to do what I want.

Maybe in the iPhone configuration utility?

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
Maybe in the iPhone configuration utility?

Nope, the config utility only allows you to create profiles for importing, not view the existing contents on the iPhone itself.

I believe the screenshot on Engadget was something from an old beta version and was never included in the released version. I don't ever recall seeing a screen that lists all known networks in any publicly released version. I would be nice if they gave you this capability though...

dadudeness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
de
thanks guys. not the answer i was hoping for but very helpful anyway

@apple: please fix that. i know you can there is a screenshot showing exactly what i want ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.