Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krayziekray

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
I've got a 2.2 jailbroken iPhone 3G, with winterboard installed. Now I know this may be a stupid question. And one may ask why I want to do this, but is there anyway to have two different wallpapers on the iPhone? One for the slide to unlock screen and one for the image behind the icons?

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

mohicanspap

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
I've got a 2.2 jailbroken iPhone 3G, with winterboard installed. Now I know this may be a stupid question. And one may ask why I want to do this, but is there anyway to have two different wallpapers on the iPhone? One for the slide to unlock screen and one for the image behind the icons?

Yes. The wallpaper option in the iphone is for the lockscreen and when you download a theme not a lockscreen theme there will be a different background behind the icons. The home screen that holds the icons is called the springboard.

krayziekray

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Yes. The wallpaper option in the iphone is for the lockscreen and when you download a theme not a lockscreen theme there will be a different background behind the icons. The home screen that holds the icons is called the springboard.

lol ... okay, but what if I'm using the stock theme with my iphone? and want to have two different wallpapers. Surly there must be an easier and better way to change the springboard wallpaper then to ssh into the phone and do it that way.

Btw, thanks for your earlier post ;)

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
You have to have one of the two background images in a theme to have different ones. You could have a lock screen theme with one image, and then turn on user wallpaper in winterboard and you'll have two different wallpapers. Or, you can have a springboard theme with a background image and set a different one for the lock screen in settings. Thats it.

s1w

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
Some clarity on lockscreen vs. wallpaper

I've got JBen iPhone using winterboard. I've got a theme running, (erasure). I have "user wallpaper" turned on in winterboard.

I then use one of my images in the camera roll and click the "set as wallpaper" button but it always changes the lock screen, never the springboard or background behind the icons.

What is happening here? I believe I'm supposed to be able to change not only the lockscreen but the "springboard" as well. With or without a theme I cannot change the springboard wallpaper, only the lockscreen.

Am I missing something.

I'm not interested in ssh'ing into the phone to change this though. That's way too much to make a simple change often.

Thanks

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
Move the "User Wallpaper theme above your other themes in the list on WB. And you should be able to just move the pics around in your themes folder using mobile finder directly on the phone.

s1w

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
Finaly, The Real Salution!

Thank you "Notintheleast"

That worked and it was simple. I knew there was a reasonable solution to this issue. It could resolve half the threads on this topic if it was pointed out that the "user wallpaper" needs to be above the theme to take precedence.

It's just that simple...

Thanks again..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.