Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
are the keys on the keyboard for the graphite special edition ibook (466mhz) the same color as the rest of the clamshells?

I read that the indigo (not to be confused with blueberry/bondi blue) had a more white/opaque keys, and the other colors (tangerine, lime green, etc) had a translucent keyboard.

I don't know if the graphite is more like the indigo or more like the rest of the ibook clamshell line.

can any of you old timers (like me) help me out?

thanks

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
http://www.wegenermedia.com/ibookp.htm

Here, they ask you to specify the color when ordering, so they must be different. Another site suggests the blueberry/tangerine are different, which jives with what you suggested. On top of that, there's Graphite (SE) and Graphite (White). Perhaps that means the SE has more translucent keys?

I'm sure you could call them with the number at the bottom of the page and find out.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
Yes the keys for the Indigo are more opaque than the others....

I had the

Graphite
Aqua
& Indigo

and the Aqua had more translucent keys while the Graphite and Indigo had slightly darker/more opaque keys.

:)

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
thanks for the info!

so are the keys on the indigo and the graphite the same, or was the indigo whiter than the graphite?

that is very impressive to have owned 3 clamshells.

wow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.