Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

socalrider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
I'm running the sixtyforce program on my mac to play Zelda Ocarina of Time. I got to the water temple, but i'm stuck there because i'm trying to use the longshot to grapple across a gap in a certain amount of time. I found that in the amount of time given it's pretty much impossible to aim the grapple on the target because using the keyboard on the laptop to aim isn't sensitive enough to aim onto the target. When i hit the up arrow key it goes too far above the target and when i hit down it goes too far below the target. Any solutions?

Aniday

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
Yeaaaaah. You're pretty much screwed if you can't grapple accurately.

If there's not some fix to download to make the controls better, you better play it on the Wii.

I'm so helpful. :p

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
I've done this before... though it was certainly aggravating. It takes a long time, but if you aim all the way up and come back down the "blocks" that you can target will shift vertically, spinning around will also shift them horizontally. Eventually the aim is correct and you can bridge the gap in time.

(hint: aim with the longshot, shoot with the bow)

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
you can buy a controller cheap with an analog joystick which will solve all your problems. Pretty much any PC controller will work. Logitech makes a nice one for around 20 bucks (duel action pad). You can also get a xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless with the usb adaptor for wireless). Playing an n64 game without analog is a tough one.

socalrider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
you can buy a controller cheap with an analog joystick which will solve all your problems. Pretty much any PC controller will work. Logitech makes a nice one for around 20 bucks (duel action pad). You can also get a xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless with the usb adaptor for wireless). Playing an n64 game without analog is a tough one.

how do you get the xbox 360 controller to work (i have the wired type and i plugged it in and its not working)

pgoldste

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
Z targeting to the rescue

This drove me crazy, just figured it out. Key is finding a way to get continuous motion. Try the following:
1) Shoot the eye
2) Arm the long shot
3) Hold Z. This puts you into the third-person mode.
4) Hit the down arrow, looking a bit above the target.
5) Release the down arrow. At this point Link's vision will begin sliding continuously downward.
6) Time it properly, release the long shot when the red dot crosses over a part of the target you wish to hit.

Voila!

fterres00

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
this drove me crazy, just figured it out. Key is finding a way to get continuous motion. Try the following:
1) shoot the eye
2) arm the long shot
3) hold z. This puts you into the third-person mode.
4) hit the down arrow, looking a bit above the target.
5) release the down arrow. At this point link's vision will begin sliding continuously downward.
6) time it properly, release the long shot when the red dot crosses over a part of the target you wish to hit.

Voila!

you are a ****ing genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Did not know this SixtyForce program existed, just downloaded it, looks like fun :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.