Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pb&jip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Can anyone provide a user-review of Trackpad Film protectors? The product information is available here http://www.macimports.com/macimp/tp2.html I would like to hear a report from someone who has given the film a test on a PB or iBook.
Specifically;
1) describe the glue used to stick the film to your trackpad
2) the longevity of each film
3) sensitivity of the trackpad after application
4) removal of the film with/without damage (glue) to the pad
5) any warnings? or other suggestions?

I have a new powerbook and just want to keep it clean and in top working order. I travel with my pb and it inevitably picks up some annoying, but usually non-damaging dirt etc. This would just make me more comfortable.

Thanks.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
pb&jip said:
Can anyone provide a user-review of Trackpad Film protectors? The product information is available here http://www.macimports.com/macimp/tp2.html I would like to hear a report from someone who has given the film a test on a PB or iBook.
Specifically;
1) describe the glue used to stick the film to your trackpad
2) the longevity of each film
3) sensitivity of the trackpad after application
4) removal of the film with/without damage (glue) to the pad
5) any warnings? or other suggestions?

I have a new powerbook and just want to keep it clean and in top working order. I travel with my pb and it inevitably picks up some annoying, but usually non-damaging dirt etc. This would just make me more comfortable.

Thanks.

i have one, though a bit different from the one you linked. (i saw the one you linked when i was in japan, though. i opted for a clear one instead.)

at least for mine, it works very well. i hardly notice that it's there. it makes the surface a bit smoother, sensitivity is not affected and there's no glue - it's static cling.

i've had mine since october, 2003. i don't think it wears or anything so i assume i can continue to use it as long as i own the PB...

however, the one i have is plasticy. the one you linked, if i remember correctly, looked more like it was coated. so it may wear off a bit, though i doubt sensitivity will be affected and there shouldn't be any residual glue.

pb&jip

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
where can I find the clear "plasticy" film?

Thanks, jyxama. Could you please tell me where I might find the film that you are using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.