Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccriste

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Is it ok to use your iPhone’s wall charger to recharge your iPod Nano? I’m just wondering why the nano didn’t come with one. It looks like you should be able to use the iPhone’s recharger but I just want to be sure. Has anyone tried it? Thanks for your input.

ccriste

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Thanks

yes you can charge the nano with it. there both usb.

Thanks Ironspider for your reply. But I just want to clarify or verify. You do know that I meant charging the iPod Nano with the iPhone's charger through a wall outlet as opposed to connecting to your computer?

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Yeah, the iPhone Charger merely imitates a USB Port, anything that can be charged via USB Will Work, i've charged countless things from it, PS3 Controllers, iPods, Phones etc.

ccriste

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
That's great!

Yeah, the iPhone Charger merely imitates a USB Port, anything that can be charged via USB Will Work, i've charged countless things from it, PS3 Controllers, iPods, Phones etc.

Thanks a lot Matt!

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
I know it's sort of been answered by Matt but just to be absolutely clear it's not just an iPhone charger, it's the standard charger that Apple sells to be used with iPods (and now also iPhones). I had one that I bought long before the iPhone came out.

Never thought of charging PSPs etc with it though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.