Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snguon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
my ipod is perfectly fine but for maybe a few months, I realize a very few songs I have skip after being played for 30 + seconds. I restore my ipod and also try redownloading the song and it still does it. I'm not sure why it does this to that one particular song. Is this normal, anyone experience this? Apple said they will replace it with a refurbished one and get a 90 day warranty... are refurbished reliable. anyone has a refurbished one because of a replacement and is still lasting good.

THANKS and HELP!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
first off, are the songs on your ipod downloaded from itunes? or files you got from other sources? you might have small errors in the audio files you're trying to play on the ipod.. while, they play fine in itunes, some corrupted files when they get on an ipod make it go crazy!

snguon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2009
well i got them from another source. i added them to my siblings mini and they work fine. they play fine on itune and other ipods (mini's and nano) maybe i should try it on another ipod classic. i restored it and now i'm reformatting it. we'll see what happens. I have till the end of the month to get a refurbished replacement (which i'm never reluctant to do cause i'm scared it's worse off)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.