Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UFGators2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
I have an 8GB 2nd Gen touch..and just a few minutes ago I turned my ipod on, and went to open the Facebook app, and it came up, blank, but it came up, and then not even 3 seconds later closed itself and went back to the home screen.

The only apps that don't do this are Safari, Mail, Calendar, Weather, Calculator, and Settings...so it seems like anything downloaded is having this problem of starting up.

Anyone ever encounter this promblem? If so, what do I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

kh14

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
just try reseting your ipod and if that dosent work then i have no idea

mfs94

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
I have recently begun to have this problem. It's really annoying and I don't know what to do!!!!!!!! :mad:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Another reason this sometimes happens is that for whatever reason the iPod forgets that its authorized by your iTunes account to use those applications. Simple fix should just be to connect to your computer and resync anything purchased, whether an app or a song.

showcow45

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2009
my friend has the same problem on his 2nd gen, to fix it he just resyncs but it could be a problem if you arent near your computer when it happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.