Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hambones

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Hey all,

Is there anyway I can grab the iPhone Device ID on a windows machine without using iTunes? I entered in the wrong ID and now won't let me activate phone (or re-access the Device ID through iTunes).

Is the only option using xCode?

Thanks!

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007

dpw84

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
I believe that you can use the iPhone configuration tool (Mac/PC) to get the UUID. I had the same thing happen to me and thats how I was able to find it.

Hambones

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Thanks!

I went into App > Utilities > System Profiler - look at the USB property, found the iPhone and the serial number is the ID.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
Plug it in and look at the USB id in Windows control panel or OSX system profiler. It's the device id.

Ah shoot, I'm having trouble finding it in the device manager for Windows. Bit tied up right now. Someone else help, please?

Wow, this helped me a ton. I jumped the gun downloading and installing the 3.0 beta and got stuck when it asked for my UDID. THANKS!!!

moberts

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
Hey Guys just thought Id put in my bit to help out.

Had the same problem today and the instructions here helped but they werent clear.

Basically to find the UUID,
- Plug the iPhone into computer
- Open the Device Manager
- Expand portable devices, you should see Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
- Right click and select Properties
- Select the Details tab
- Click the drop down menu, scroll down and select Device Instance Path
- The Number after the backslash is the UUID

Right click the value, copy and paste it into a text editior then select everything after the last backslash, its 40 digits and paste that into the website.

Hope this helps!
Matt

pirvulescu

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
Get iphone guid in objective c

Hello! :)

Here is one solution

http://blog.timeister.com/2009/06/25/objective-c-get-iphone-device-guid/

code
Code:
UIDevice *device = [UIDevice currentDevice];
NSString *uniqueIdentifier = [device uniqueIdentifier];
[device release];
NSLog(@”Device GUID: %@”, uniqueIdentifier);

-----------
Adrian

Hey all,

Is there anyway I can grab the iPhone Device ID on a windows machine without using iTunes? I entered in the wrong ID and now won't let me activate phone (or re-access the Device ID through iTunes).

Is the only option using xCode?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.