Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellfire88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've been away from the Mac world for awhile (Got a Unibody Macbook 2.0 late last year but my girlfriend liked it so much I gave it to her. Been using a Windows Laptop ever since). I just got a Unibody Macbook 2.4 recently and wanted to restore it with my old Time Machine Backup (stored on my Time Capsule) that I made in December 08. Unfortunately, Migration Assistance on my new Unibody 2.4 can only see my GF's MB and Mac Mini backups.

I access the time capsule with Finder and see my time Capsule backup file, however. Is there some way to get it to "recognize" it? Or did it get "corrupted" somehow and I'm SOL? Not too big of a deal I suppose but definately makes me a bit less trusting of Time Machine (I held it in high regards :( ). Any ideas? Thanks.

hellfire88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Anyone ever had this happen? Guess I'll start re-installing everything and customizing from scratch then :(. Kind of a bummer that the "easy restore" Time Machine touted can't be used after many months of routine Time Machine Backups.

s1w

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2008
same problem

I've go the same problem, backed up over my AEBS to a lacie drive and went to do a full restore and the backup was never recognized by migration assistant.

No help here yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.