Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I'm trying to find a decent backpack to carry my 15" powebook in. All i can find are $100 backpacks. There has to be something a little more resonably priced that is decent. I'm looking at the $40 range. Any suggestions. I did find one or two but don't know anything about them. The Targus Pulse seems to be resonable. Anyone have any suggestions?

KingSleaze

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2004
So. Cal
JzzTrump22 said:
I'm trying to find a decent backpack to carry my 15" powebook in. All i can find are $100 backpacks. There has to be something a little more resonably priced that is decent. I'm looking at the $40 range. Any suggestions. I did find one or two but don't know anything about them. The Targus Pulse seems to be resonable. Anyone have any suggestions?

This is a case of you get what you pay for. The higher priced backpacks will have more protection from physical damage. I personally got the Brenthaven briefcase.

mattroberts

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Canada
I have a crumpler.

http://www.crumplerusa.com/products/backpacks.html

It is by far the best built bag I've ever seen. However I have no experience with their backpacks. and I think the prices are a bit more than your interested in. But in my case any damage to my PB would be devastating and since i loose applecare soon VERY expensive. Protecting your PB is a must - do your best to make sure its got insane padding.

cheers
m

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Those are one of the most messed up looking backpacks i've ever seen. Well i'm looking into a backpack because i'm going to college and i don't want to draw attention to myself by letting people know i have a laptop in a laptop bag. So i want a backpack because it's a lower profile. I won't be traveling with it too much, it will mostly be stationary, so thats why i don't really want to spend $100+ on something that will have minimal use.

lefty111

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2004
Philadelphia
backpack

I have an InCase form-fitting sleeve for my TiBook, and I can place this inside an ordinary EastPak bookbag when on campus.

monkeymac

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2004
Heading to college next year too, and I have a Northface Recon. It has a laptop sleeve for the Powerbook. Nothing too sturdy, but it holds it in place near the padding on the back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.