Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
32 GB iPod touch 3G is $279 at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Why is it already on sale? Is this a sign of a new model arriving October 14th? This is a full $40 off the price at the Apple store if you count no tax as well.

This is tempting, since I sold my iPod touch 1G, but I think I should probably wait until October 14. Do you guys agree?

Weird, since the 8 GB also has a reduced price, at $10 off, and the 64 is still at Apple's price.

SansSociety

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
London, UK
I think you're assuming too much when you think the sale price implies that there might be something in October. Macconnection has the touch for the same price. Beyond that, even the Nano sells for 10 dollars less. Does that mean there will be a new Nano in October - doubt it.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Nothing is going to happen in October. They are not going to keep a product on the market for a month. They also have the Nano at a lower price then Apple's as they do with nearly every product.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
How'd u get a free leather case? I didn't have that offer when I ordered from them.

Here. You can choose any one item. I plan on getting an IMP500 battery, so I wasn't interested in the cheap battery there or the FM transmitter. As such, the case was the best bet. Don't know if it's any good or not, but hard to beat free.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
Not a finance major, then?

Why do you say that? Taxes add an additional $20 to the price at the Apple Store, and 20 + 20 = 40. Amazon has no taxes. I understand that we are technically supposed to note all online purchases in our taxes, but does any one actually do that? I'm too young to pay income tax anyway though, so that's not a concern of mine right now.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Why do you say that? Taxes add an additional $20 to the price at the Apple Store, and 20 + 20 = 40. Amazon has no taxes. I understand that we are technically supposed to note all online purchases in our taxes, but does any one actually do that? I'm too young to pay income tax anyway though, so that's not a concern of mine right now.

Yup. No one does it. I don't even make enough to have to pay taxes, anyway. But boy do I avoid buying anything local these days. A 9.25% discount off everything bought online (free shipping is everywhere these days) is nothing to laugh at.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Here. You can choose any one item. I plan on getting an IMP500 battery, so I wasn't interested in the cheap battery there or the FM transmitter. As such, the case was the best bet. Don't know if it's any good or not, but hard to beat free.

Eh, but it's a mail in rebate deal. I hate those, it is sort of a gamble whether you are going to get your money back within 6 months or never get it back at all. I have had nothing but bad luck with those stupid things!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.