Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happydude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
we bought a new 5th gen in NYC at their flagship 5th ave store. we spent the weekend taking video with it after having sycned it and updated the ipod all weekend. when we arrived back home and plugged in the nano, it says:

"iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore thi iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."

we have about 50 family videos on there that we don't want to lose by restoring it. the ipod (even though we enabled disc mode) won't go into disc mode, we only get this message and cant do anything with it.

anyone know how we can get the video off?!?!

happydude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
a gasping dying planet
i'm still having issues. will be going in to an apple store, but hoping someone can help without needing to go there. basically, i just want to know how i can get it to load in disk mode so i can get the pictures off the ipod before restoring. or, is there software for mac that can go back and get files that were deleted during the restoring process?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.