Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icedmocha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
I would like to record my classes as voice memos and play them as songs. Am I able to do this through itunes without using the "voice memos" section? Thanks!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I would like to record my classes as voice memos and play them as songs. Am I able to do this through itunes without using the "voice memos" section? Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by "voice memo section," but once you sync the voice memos to a computer through iTunes, they appear in iTunes like any other song/music/sound file, and you can manipulate them the same way you would any songs. So you can just sync or drag the "Voice Memo" playlist to your iphone, or add the voice memos to any other playlist, and play them as you would any song.

EmpressRose

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2015
Not sure what you mean by "voice memo section," but once you sync the voice memos to a computer through iTunes, they appear in iTunes like any other song/music/sound file, and you can manipulate them the same way you would any songs. So you can just sync or drag the "Voice Memo" playlist to your iphone, or add the voice memos to any other playlist, and play them as you would any song.

This is not true. I added it to the playlist in iTunes and then synced my phone and it's not showing up in the playlist in the phone. Kinda of frustrating. :mad:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Why do you think???? I'm having g this issue and I spent over and hr googling this bs trying to find a solution.

You should post a thread asking whatever question you have and what device and iOS version you're on.
People don't bother replying or answering to old threads and the person you were responding to above hasn't posted for over 4 years.

EmpressRose

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2015
Lol. You did! What ever. I figured it out. And the dude that suggested going into the registry really shouldn't be telling people
To do such things. Unless you know what you're doing. Just saying.

EbonyRae

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2015
Lol. You did! What ever. I figured it out. And the dude that suggested going into the registry really shouldn't be telling people
To do such things. Unless you know what you're doing. Just saying.

Hey how did u do this? I've just created a new thread exactly asking this Q?
I want to play a music playlist that has a mixture of voice memos and songs and so far my voice memos just aren't showing on my phone (iphone6 iOS 8.3). I've checked the "include voice memo box" and when syncing music playlists thru iTunes have also included the "voice memo" playlist but it's not showing at all either?
Any help would be awesome thanks
Cheers :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You should post a thread asking whatever question you have and what device and iOS version you're on.
People don't bother replying or answering to old threads and the person you were responding to above hasn't posted for over 4 years.

Well, I'm still around. Just haven't posted in *this* thread, since there were no new posts to respond to.

But I agree that adding to old threads is counterproductive. Information posted in old threads could be outdated. I'm sure the method I posted worked back then, but Apple keeps changing things up, so at some point it probably stopped working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.