Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaredd2091

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
I can't seem to connect to my wi-fi... I know it works because that lap top is using it. My ipod just stopped working on this wi-fi. I can go to a different place that has wi-fi and it works just fine.

And yes, My wifi on my ipod is turned on.

my question is why won't it work here? Is there something els I need to have on or typed in? The network we are using will show up. And we'll even type in the password. But it still won't work. I'll go into the "connected" network and nothing is filled. IP Adress, DNS, Router etc. nothing is filled in.

How do I fix my wifi so I can use the net on my 2nd gen ipod touch?

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
I can't seem to connect to my wi-fi... I know it works because that lap top is using it. My ipod just stopped working on this wi-fi. I can go to a different place that has wi-fi and it works just fine.

And yes, My wifi on my ipod is turned on.

my question is why won't it work here? Is there something els I need to have on or typed in? The network we are using will show up. And we'll even type in the password. But it still won't work. I'll go into the "connected" network and nothing is filled. IP Adress, DNS, Router etc. nothing is filled in.

How do I fix my wifi so I can use the net on my 2nd gen ipod touch?

Did you try restarting the router and the ipod?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.