Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psburley

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
I have one spare HDMI input on my panasonic TV but want to connect 2 devices, and apple tv and a panasonic HDD/DVD drive. Can someone recommend a low cost 2 in to 1 hdmi please. I have read some auto switch but some are unreliable can anyone make a recomendation and do they work ok for the purpose above?

Rich1963

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
Not to hijack this thread, but is anyone still having HDMI issues with AppleTV anymore? There used to be issues right after the 2.0 update where the appleTV would suddenly not play purchased media via HDMI, and would simply give a "You are not authorized to view this content" or some such warning.

I haven't seen any threads on this lately; actually, in a long time...

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
I bought a 3x1 manual HDMI switch from Amazon earlier this year. It works great, but I wasn't sure whether an 'auto' switch would work for me since I don't turn off my Tivo.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
HDMI switchers are available from monoprice.com for great prices. I have a remote control unit I bought from them over a year ago and it's great. My Panasonic HD TV only came with two HDMI connections and getting this switcher solved all of our problems. Not to mention you can also get your cables from them for really cheap. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.