Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2008
This has been happening for the past few weeks now. In iTunes or right on my iPhone I see that I have app updates. It downloads, but the updates dont go away. If I sync, its not syncing the most updated version. Whats going on? Anyone else have this problem?

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
I'm having the same issue. Driving me crazy. Apps show up that they are updates, but will not update on my iPhone or via my Mac. I've tried everything. Deleted them, reinstalled, rebooted, logged out, logged in, etc. Anyone have any luck with a fix yet? Or I guess we wait...

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Usually, when an update comes out, I can download it all I want during the day it comes out and it won't "take" and install properly (it'll just go through the motions without error).

Seems like if I wait until the following day, everything works.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Usually, when an update comes out, I can download it all I want during the day it comes out and it won't "take" and install properly (it'll just go through the motions without error).

Seems like if I wait until the following day, everything works.

Yep, I had that issue too, but now it's gotten very bad. I have 11 apps that won't update. I follow the MBox Mail Twitter feed and they say it's an app store issue on Apple's end. Hopefully, they'll get this resolved soon!

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Well would you look at that.

And here I thought this whole time I had done something.

Hopefully Apple will take care of this with the newest version of iTunes/iPhone OS. Or, perhaps it's simply a server issue handling the push notifications of app updates within iTunes.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Well would you look at that.

And here I thought this whole time I had done something.

Hopefully Apple will take care of this with the newest version of iTunes/iPhone OS. Or, perhaps it's simply a server issue handling the push notifications of app updates within iTunes.

I'm guessing it'll just be an app store update with no update on our end. I get excited when some of these apps add features and now I have to wait! :)

Raidel

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
I found that after you waiting 12 hours or maybe more, the app will finally update and install the the updated version. Its like the update notification comes out waaaaaaaaay before the app is available...I dont know. But it works.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I found that after you waiting 12 hours or maybe more, the app will finally update and install the the updated version. Its like the update notification comes out waaaaaaaaay before the app is available...I dont know. But it works.

I've noticed the same exact thing too which is really annoying. I tend to check for apps and sync my phone once a day, mainly right before I go to bed and when it says I have updates I go through the whole process for something not to be updated. I mean its not that big of a deal its just really annoying.

NinjaKid

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
same problem

I have noticed that after doing the updates I get the same problem it will keep showing a update is available no matter how many times it gets installed. I have found that if you leave it alone for a bit maybe an hour or so then scan for updates it will now say no updates available, there seems to be some lag time in the current version being reported correctly with the update servers.

wollis

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
Join the club

Same here ... I've now got 3 updates showing (FB , Google, quickoffice). Have tried everything from restoring to updating , but to no avail. Glad I've found this thread - thanks for the info. Hopefully Apple sorts this out quickly ... patience is a virtue :apple:

themoffster

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have just started having this problem today - is anyone else?

My 3GS says I have three apps with updates but when I try to update them (individually or 'update all') the icon changes as if it is starting to load the update ten it reverts back to as it was and the app store icon still says three updates available.

Does anyone else suffer from this?

onesweetearl

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have just started having this problem today - is anyone else?

My 3GS says I have three apps with updates but when I try to update them (individually or 'update all') the icon changes as if it is starting to load the update ten it reverts back to as it was and the app store icon still says three updates available.

Does anyone else suffer from this?

Same thing Happening for me on both my iPhone and iPad 2. Are you jail broken?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.