Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
So let me get this straight, You can buy the combo card on ebay for $10-$15 shipped which seems to be the one for the iMac G5s. These look identical to the ones for the dual core G5s except that they require the additional riser? card to attach to. Sellers are selling these for $140? Are you kidding me? Where can I find just the riser card so I can get Airport and bluetooth on my DC G5 without paying more than what the G5 is worth???

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I've got the riser or runway card for the DC G5's, new, with the little black holder clips.

You need the regular grey AirportBluetooth thing to sit on top of this.

Make me an offer and Hi.

The airport and biuetooth on the DC G5s, as you know, is ten times better than on the older PMG5s.

Hey I also have a gig of ram for the DC G5s sitting around if you need it.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Got that riser card today in the mail. Thanks California! Now I'm patiently awaiting my Bluetooth/Airport combo card to come in the mail....

I guess they never really made too many of these things(hence the high price?) as the serial number is hand written! LOL!

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
I've got the riser or runway card for the DC G5's, new, with the little black holder clips.

You need the regular grey AirportBluetooth thing to sit on top of this.

Make me an offer and Hi.

The airport and biuetooth on the DC G5s, as you know, is ten times better than on the older PMG5s.

Hey I also have a gig of ram for the DC G5s sitting around if you need it.

Hey, happen to have any more of those for sale? :)

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Well I got the combo card today and it's not looking good :(. The bluetooth works great as it paired with my MM but the Airport card is not showing up in the system profilier :(.

Now I'm realizing why it was $8.24 with free shipping from China. Wonder if the seller would give me a 50% refund since I don't need the Airport now :p.

Now I just gotta get myself one of those slick aluminum BT keyboards ;).

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Well after talking with them, they send they would just send me another one since shipping the defective one back would obviously be more than what I paid for it.

I was impatient so I just went ahead and purchased another one for a few dollars more from a US seller and just installed it and it works great. Too bad I actually don't need the Airport wireless since I wired up my home with cat5 cable. I love monoprice.com as they had all the stuff I needed to do a clean installation and with good prices. :) Don't know if both wireless and wired connections makes anything faster or increased bandwidth but both seem to be working at the same time and disconnected just one and then other and I've never lost a connection.

Oh and the wireless signal strength is incredible on the dual-core models. Way better than the dual processor models I've had before. Thanks again California for the hookup ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.