Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sven071

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Maryland
Whats up all,

I finely went to starbucks today and pulled out my 15"pb from my nice new Crumpler Wack O Phone. Just so everyone knows , this is a milestone, LOL, what i use to do is wrap my pb up in a tee shirt and carry it in my timbuk2 bag. Just yesterday my friends were giving me gref on the fact that i have a exspensive computer but im using a crap bag.

But anyway, i went up to starbucks today to kill some time, thats what a student does when school starts in the next few days, and there is nothing better to do. I come home to grab my ipod, which i forgot , and left it charging with the itrip attached, which works good enough for me. So i walk up the steps of my house and there is. So i grabbed it and ran inside unpacked it , and let me tell you i am very impressed.

First off, thee bag has such a great amount of padding that the bag looks like it already has something in it. Open it up and there is a great padded sleeve inside with 2 pockets, i use them for my ac adapter and my ipod. The Wack O Phone fits the 15" pb like a glove. By that i mean it fits so well that the first time i tryed putting it in there i really had to line up the computer so it would slide nicely into the sleeve. Did i mention padding....... i would feel pretty confident that if my laptop was dropped down a bunch of stairs in this bag it would def survive without a scrach.

One the laptop was in the bag the one thing that noticed that kind of annoyed me about it being in there was the fact that the pb makes the back of the bag very ridged. Yes i know thats what it is suposto do , but the 15" pb almost streches the whole lenth of the rear of the bag. So when it does that it doesnt give the bag very much flex to get your stuff in and out.

When the laptop is in the bag i have enough room to put 2 books, 3 subject notebook, ipod , and ac adapter with no problem, anything more i would have trouble getting stuff in and out cause it becomes so ridged. With the bag loaded the front pocket where you can put pens and other junk is almost useless. It is basicly a vertical pocket but has pockets and pen holsters inside great idea but with the pb inside it is a strech.

Aside from the minor design issues i think it is a really great bag. I would def get another one, but i would get the bigger model, i think its called the very busy man. The bag is great if you were going to be doing some light studying, or if you just wanted a nice bag with great functionality. If you would like to check it out for yourself goto http://www.crumplerusa.com , I hope this helps those of you who are searching for a new bag, and just incase you noticed i am a pretty bad speller so please excuse,LOL.

Sven

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Sven071 said:
Just so everyone knows , this is a milestone, LOL, what i use to do is wrap my pb up in a tee shirt and carry it in my timbuk2 bag. Just yesterday my friends were giving me gref on the fact that i have a exspensive computer but im using a crap bag.

Timbuk2 bags are extremely durable and well-made. Seems like the "crap" part was wrapping your PB in a t-shirt.

Sven071

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Maryland
Thats a good point, thats a better way of wording it. My timbuk2 bag has lasted me for 4 years, and the seems on the bottom are just starting to come loose. But ya the tee shirt thing was a little getto, but hey,LOL

Sven

gottalaugh

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2004
Oz
Good Choice

Hey Sven - good choice in buying the Wack-O-Phone Crumpler....you won't be sorry :) As I mentioned in reply to your earlier post, these bags just last & last & last.... although I can't vouch for the "stairs" :p

jasonwood

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Glad you like it!

I use a Wack-O-Phone for my Titanium, but I don't recommend them for the Aluminum PowerBooks, they're just a little too wide. I'd be worried the tight sleeve would press the screen against the keyboard.

The Very Busy Man, on the other hand, is quite ideal for the Aluminum PowerBook, and has a little more debth for textbooks, etc.

Sven071

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Maryland
I know what you mean........
I was going to get the very busy man but, people that i asked said they run big so I got the Wack O Phone. Don't get me wrong i love the bag, but i would have rather bought the bigger bag. I have a friend of mine who also has a 15" pb, i went ahead and told him to get the bigger one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.